Employment Sector Council (ESC) offers Labour Market Information (LMI): A Common Approach Training for our region’s employment and guidance counsellors, educators, and social service professionals, in the use of labour market information (LMI) to better assist individuals in employment and career planning.
The key training outcome is a common, consistent, and high quality community-wide approach to recognizing and using good LMI with students, job seekers, employers, and other clients.
Our LMI training and this website now features even more current and regional LMI resources from our partners at the Local Employment Planning Council (LEPC) and www.worktrends.ca. We strongly recommend you continue to monitor these regional sites as more resources are developed and our workforce evolves.
LMI – A Common Approach Training:
1. strengthens client-centred service;
2. enhances professional development of employment professionals and educators;
3. provides an innovative and consistent community-based response to local labour market adjustment, and employment and workforce strategies;
4. ensures service delivery excellence across London area networks and services
(This standardized and community-wide approach to using LMI parallels the successful Common Assessment Process that all ESC members use for consistent employment action planning)
Course Instruction provides participants with a comprehensive and current overview of Local Labour Market Information and resources, and the tools for using these to assist clients/ students with employment and career planning:
1. Learn a standard (common) approach to using LMI
2. Match LMI to the stages in Career Management
3. Identify sources of local LMI
4. Explore value, benefits and limitations of LMI sources
5. Identify gaps in local LMI
The content of this website has been categorized under the following topics:
Within each category, content has been organized to display local resources first, followed by other resources that are of value.
*The Quick Links page offers an all-on-one resource for easy access for use by training participants and their clients.
LMI: A Common Approach Training is an ESC Product: developed and delivered by our ESC members, supported by our community partners, including the Local Employment Planning Council (LEPC), London Economic Development Corporation (LEDC), and is complemented by our community’s LMI online resource www.worktrends.ca.