October, 2019: Supplementary Regional Labour Market Information Resources
ESC’s Labour Market Information Training is supported and informed by the current, regional LMI resources of our partners. We encourage you to use and share these sites as new and updated information is provided frequently. We welcome additions to this list – please send us your favourite current LMI: email@example.com.
New Video: The New Normal: Precarious Work in London. London Poverty Research Centre, King’s College (23 minutes)
NEW: Local Jobs Hub: an all-in-one online tool for job seekers across London and Elgin, Middlesex, and Oxford Counties. It helps match local job seekers with employers, skills building and training in the region.
- How To Use the Local Jobs Hub - The Local Jobs Hub has multiple tools to help job seekers. To find out more, watch the how-to-use video on this page, download our brochure or read the FAQ
- Monthly Job Demand Reports and Job Search Reports
LEPC Research Reports: Each explores the evolution of skills required to be successful in key employment sectors, in order to better prepare current and future job seekers for changing demands in these occupations. http://www.localemploymentplanning.ca/resources
- Transportation & Logistics Report (October 2016)
- Exploring Agriculture (September 2016)
- Advanced Manufacturing (November 2016)
- Shopping the Retail Sector (December 2016)
- Personal Support Workers in Health Care (January 2017)
- Skilled Trades in the Construction Sector (May, 2017)
Learning for Life Tool: The Learning for Life Tool is a free, online, searchable, decision-tree based catalogue of adult education opportunities in Elgin County, Middlesex County, and Oxford County, including the cities of London, Woodstock, and St. Thomas. To provide you with customized recommendations, the Tool will ask you a series of questions, and recommend local adult education and training opportunities based on your answers.
LEPC Fact Sheets: Find out what type of education and skills are needed for occupations within major sectors in our region. http://www.localemploymentplanning.ca/resources
- Software Development and Computer Systems
- Health Care
- Trades, Transport, and Equipment Operators
- Sales and Service
LEPC Employment Videos: Watch industry experts explain what they look for when recruiting new talent. http://www.localemploymentplanning.ca/resources or the LEPC YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9NtBMtgwc1ZxxsbUYdTui1b1Fb5hpUv6
- Careers in Finance (retail)
- Careers in Agriculture
- Manufacturing Careers
- Digital Technology Careers
- Health Care Careers
- Careers in Transportation
www.worktrends.ca provides work trends and labour market information for Job Seekers, Employers/HR Professionals, Educators/Career Counsellors, and Students.
*New:an important addition made to the Worktrends.ca site are the Industry and Occupation Outlook Reports which forecast the future evolution of the labour market in London Economic Region. All feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or Emilian Siman, email@example.com
Start here with a video on How to find and use the outlook reports …
You can access the outlook reports through the following links:
|Occupational outlook Reports (NOC)||Industry Outlook Reports (NAICS)|
|1111 - Financial Auditors and Accountants||236 - Construction of Buildings|
Find the most popular Internet Job Postings and jobs in demand, in the London Economic Region, by quarter. http://worktrends.ca/jobs
Additional Industry and Occupation Reports can be found on the www.worktrends.ca – Resources Page, including.
- Health Care and Social Assistance Sector Report (March 2015)
- Information and Communications Technology Sector (November 2014)
- Hospitality and Tourism Careers to Discover (February 2013)
- Industry & Employment Analysis in the SCOR region (October 2012)
- Manufacturing (August 2013)
- Tourism Sector Report (September 2014)
- Agriculture and Agri-food Sector Report (May 2014)
The annual EmployerOne Survey collects information about regional employers and their workforce successes and challenges, skills shortages, hard-to-fill jobs, education and training needs, and other issues. http://worktrends.ca/
New: Infographics based on Employer One Survey Results - 2019, by sector:
London&Area Works is a partnership between ESC, LEPC, LEDC, The City of London, and other, and provides information about growing industries and sector opportunities. https://london.ctvnews.ca/works
- A full list of the companies profiled in the London & Area Works segment and links to the reports:
- Best of London and Area Works: Taking a look back at some of the most interesting businesses featured in the series, and learning about London's job market.
- The Apprenticeship Advantage series promotes opportunities in the trades
- Twitter: #LdnOntJobs
New: City of London’s Community Data Research Group (CDRG) has just released:
New: Literacy Link South Central proudly presents to you "The A Word" video series.
The videos run between 20-30 minutes each and would make a great lunch and learn (food for thought) for staff. We hope they become the foundation for an ongoing Apprenticeship conversation. Video topics include:
- Building the capacity of service providers
- What clients need to know
- Working together to support people who are on the path to Apprenticeship